Picking-up and dropping-off from school
We have been receiving complaints from residents living close to the school about dangerous parking by parents.
We therefore would like to reiterate the following.
- Remember that Addison Road must not be used to drop off or pick up students at the start and end of the school day. This is a site access road only to be used when parking on the school grounds during the day and must not be used for access after 5 pm.
- Use the Springfield Avenue entrance only to come on to the school site after 5 pm at night and exit via Addison Road. Please do not use this entrance before 5 pm. With this in mind, it is also not permitted for parents to open the school gates at the Springfield Avenue entrance before 5 pm to drive onto the playground.
- When picking up and dropping off students during the school day for whatever reason, please do not drive onto the school playground and park, especially when there are children on the playground.
- Vehicles must not park anywhere near the school gates, zigzags or zebra crossing in Springfield Avenue at any time.
- Do not park on the corner of Addison Road to drop off or pick up children.
- Finally, do not park over residents’ driveways in Springfield Avenue, Addison Road or Grange Road.
These guidelines are for the safety of ALL our pupils. Thank you for your continued support.